Monday, January 31, 2011

Pen song with Yuna via "Yuna Inspired"

Touched by 650,000-strong fans that she has on Facebook, Yuna is inviting her fans to pen a new song with her via her online show, Yuna Inspired.
Yuna is set to launch her international music career in US
Yuna is set to launch her international music career in US
"It's a fun project with my fans," enthuses the amazingly gifted folk-pop singer/songwriter. "Each week, I'm going to post a verse from my yet-to-be-completed new track and fans will have to fill in the missing lyrics."
Winners of the weekly challenge will join Yuna at a secret gig in KL in April.
"It's all about sharing creativity with my fans," she adds. "It's quite meaningful to add a verse to a song. It's nice use of the Internet too."
Yuna, Jojo Struys [2nd from left] and their sponsors strike a pose
Yuna, Jojo Struys [2nd from left] and their sponsors strike a pose
Yuna will handpick the best 20 lines. The most creative of the lot will walk away with her personally autographed guitar and be featured in her music video.
Endorsed by DiGi, Canon, MAS and Astro Hitz, the 24-webisode documentary also chronicles her musical journey , spanning across KL, London and New York.
"This is very exciting for me. I used to be a shy girl. It was hard for me to let go of my feelings - I wasn't even willing to tell people where I came from! But now, I've gotten more comfortable and confident with myself. I really like to share things with my fans, starting with my music."
Teased if her "special friend", singer/musician/TV host Qi will guest on the programme, Yuna says coyly, "Maybe. He's a good musician and a close pal."
Directed by Jojo Struys, Yuna Inspired will debut online on Feb 14. The first episode will also be aired on Astro Hitz (Channel 705) on Feb 27.
For more details, click www.yunainspired.com



No comments:

Post a Comment